From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: thunar won't build?
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 23:06:01
1 Grant Edwards ha scritto:
2 > On 2007-02-15, b.n. <brullonulla@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >>> I hope so. In the past I was always baffled when my searches
5 >>> didn't find anything relevent but all the bugs I reported were
6 >>> duplicates. [Actually, I think there was one what wasn't, but
7 >>> the experience was enough to make me swear off reporting bugs.]
8 >> I think there is nothing bad in this. At least you know:
9 >> - the bug you are reporting is already known
10 >> - some dev has seen it repeteadly, and repetitia iuvant*
11 >>
12 >> *"Repeating helps", for the non-Latin speakers :)
13 >
14 > Except that it generates extra work for maintainers who have to
15 > mark the reported bug as a duplicate. If you've tripped over a
16 > bug that's already been reported, perhaps adding a comment
17 > (including how you triggered the bug) to an existing bug is
18 > probably more productive.
19
20 Sure, but if you weren't aware of the previous bug, a duplicate is
21 better than nothing, perhaps.
22
23 > OK, I'll start again.
24