From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: thunar won't build?
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 21:24:28
1 On 2007-02-15, b.n. <brullonulla@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 >> I hope so. In the past I was always baffled when my searches
4 >> didn't find anything relevent but all the bugs I reported were
5 >> duplicates. [Actually, I think there was one what wasn't, but
6 >> the experience was enough to make me swear off reporting bugs.]
7 >
8 > I think there is nothing bad in this. At least you know:
9 > - the bug you are reporting is already known
10 > - some dev has seen it repeteadly, and repetitia iuvant*
11 >
12 > *"Repeating helps", for the non-Latin speakers :)
13
14 Except that it generates extra work for maintainers who have to
15 mark the reported bug as a duplicate. If you've tripped over a
16 bug that's already been reported, perhaps adding a comment
17 (including how you triggered the bug) to an existing bug is
18 probably more productive.
19
20 > Please don't give up reporting bugs. It is always important.
21 > The open bug reporting and solving process is one of the main
22 > goodies that makes OSS so marvellously different from
23 > proprietary software.
24
25 OK, I'll start again.
28 Grant Edwards grante Yow! My ELBOW is a remote
29 at FRENCH OUTPOST!!
30 visi.com
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list