From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to make emerge skirt a package built from tar.gz
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 04:42:37
1 Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > emerge --inject 'app-foo/bar-1.2.3'
4 >
5 > Sounds like that's what you're thinking of.
6 > --
7
8 That may be a way to do it. It isn't what I was thinking of though.
9 I've never heard of this and man emerges has almost nothing to say
10 about it. And `man inject' doesn't now about it at all.
11
12 The man page makes a brief comment:
13
14 [ebuild U-] x11-base/xfree-4.3.0 [4.2.99.902]
15 The - represents lack of SLOT information about Xfree. This
16 will occur when the previous version emerged was injected (see
17 inject for more info) or very outdated (so old that SLOT did not
18 exist). Either way, a newer version of Xfree is availabe for
19 your updating delight.
20
21 But fails to mention where one can `see inject'. That is the only
22 occurance of `inject' in man emerge.
23
24 I think is was something entered in /etc/portag/package.SOMETHING
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list