From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question re: make.conf/profile location change
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 16:49:13
1 On 2013-08-11 12:03 PM, Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de> wrote:
2 > When in doubt, read the man page (make.conf(5)):
3 >
4 > "[...]
5 > DESCRIPTION
6 > This file contains various variables that are used by Portage. Portage will check
7 > the currently-defined environment variables first for any settings. If no environ‐
8 > ment settings are found, Portage then checks the make.conf files. Both
9 > /etc/make.conf and /etc/portage/make.conf are checked (if present), and settings
10 > from /etc/portage/make.conf will override settings from /etc/make.conf. [...]"
11
12 Thanks... my point was more that the news item didn't explain this -
13 also, this answers as to make.conf, but what about make.profile?
14
15 I just don't like being forced to assume, or 'test for myself', when it
16 could be made crystal clear in the news item/docs.
17
18 Also, would
19
20 ~ cd /etc/portage
21 ~ ln -s make.profile ../usr/portage/profiles/default/linux/amd64/13.0
22
23 Be the right way to create the make.profile symlink in the new location?
24
25 Not sure why the two preceeding dots are there in the current one in
26 /etc, but they are...
27