From: Tony Davison <tony.davison2@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Weird problem with emerge sync
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 17:33:25
1 On Saturday 10 September 2005 15:24, Holly Bostick wrote:
2 <snip>
3 >
4 > Or am I simply using the wrong SYNC= in /etc/make.conf? My default is
5 > rsync.europe.gentoo.org, and I don't see any documentation that
6 > indicates that that has changed or become deprecated or invalid, but
7 > maybe it has. I don't particularly want to switch permanently to the
8 > US pool, as that just seems to make more vectors of instability for
9 > everybody, and is not really the point of having continental mirror
10 > pools anyway.
11 >
12 > Anybody got a clue as to what's happening and what, if anything, I
13 > can do to fix it?
14
15 Holly,
16 I just ran emerge --sync and it went OK using the mirror at Staler.net.
17 The only difference is that my default is rsync.uk.gentoo.org but I
18 don't think the mirror pool is much different with the possible
19 exception of Telehouse which doesn't appear much anyway.
20
21 Other than suggesting that the force is weak in The Nederlands today
22 can't be of much help I'm afraid.
23 --
24 Tony Davison
25 tony.davison2@××××××××.com