From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem installing mod_proxy
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:38:33
1 On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 11:11:45 +0100, Thomas Balthazar wrote:
2
3 > When I do a emerge --search mod_proxy, all I get is :
4 > * www-apache/mod_proxy_html [ Masked ]
5 > Latest version available: 2.5.1
6 > Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
7 > Size of files: 8 kB
8 > Homepage: http://apache.webthing.com/mod_proxy_html/
10 > behind a reverse proxy
11 > License: GPL-2
12 >
13 > So it looks like I cannot install mod_proxy through emerge.
14
15 I take it you're running an amd64 system, the only version of mod_proxy
16 for amd64 is keyworded as testing, so you need to add an entry
17 to /etc/portage/package.keywords to permit portage to install the
18 testing version. The easiest way to do this is to first emerge flagedit,
19 then do
20
21 flagedit www-apache/mod_proxy_html -- ~amd64
22
23 Then you'll be able to emerge mod_proxy.
27 Neil Bothwick
28
29 Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.