From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rsync "locks up" and doesn't continue
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 05:53:32
1 On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 20:03 +0100, Stewart Taylor wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > Don't know if this will help but I had a similar problem when I set up my
5 > archiving system. The problem was that I set it to use ssh which needs it own
6 > password and the password file was only used by rsync. the answer was to not use
7 > ssh and just use rsync client to rsync server. This was just over my lan but it
8 > solved the problem.
9
10 thanks for the tip, but it works some of the time - it's only the
11 occasional (1 out of 10?) times that it locks up, so I'm assuming it's
12 not a password problem.
13
14 The rsync is all coming from one machine, so I don't know why it's only
15 failing some of the time - I would guess if it's a password problem, it
16 would fail all the time!
17
18 thanks,
22 Goto, n.:
23 A programming tool that exists to allow structured programmers
24 to complain about unstructured programmers.
25 -- Ray Simard
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list