From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re[2]: [gentoo-user] Re[2]: [gentoo-user] Server system date synchronizaion
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 16:34:39
1 On 27/04/2013 18:24, Tanstaafl wrote:
2 > On 2013-04-26 5:10 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >> I wasn't born here in Africa and didn't spend primary school years here
4 >> either. But I distinctly recall having to walk to school in the snow and
5 >> in the dark to geet their before 9 o'clock. Not fun. DST would have
6 >> helped.
7 >
8 > But what would make more sense (at least in my mind) would be to have
9 > official 'working hours' changes, and adjust those, rather than change
10 > the clocks - ie, in your example, instead of school starting at 9:00am,
11 > it switches to start at 10:00am.
14 That's probably a better way overall.
15
16 It would suit the dairy cows!
20 Alan McKinnon
21 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com