From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-server mouse and keyboard woes
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 08:29:25
1 On 9 Jul, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > I had tried holding back on xorg-server 1.5, but somewhere in May at
3 > least one package got past my version limits and X broke. Rather than
4 > to try to revert, I thought surely by now, X would be fixed. Sigh.
5 >
6 > In another thread, after spending 2 months without a working X server,
7 > I got KDM to start. But without the mouse and keyboard.
8 > The nice folks who got me that far warned and comisserated thus:
11 I had a similar problem. Finally I added hald to boot
12
13 rc-update add hald boot
14
15 and rebooted. From now on Xorg 1.5 and now 1.6 work just fine
16 with hal. I wonder why this hasn't been done/checked by the
17 xorg-server ebuild.
18
19 Good luck,
20 Helmut.