From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Custom DNS Servers for DHCPCD
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 01:00:07
1 the file is /etc/resolv.conf (without the "e" in resolv !)
5 On 9/25/2006, "Harm Geerts" <harmgeerts@××××.nl> wrote:
9 >On Monday 25 September 2006 02:05, Lord Sauron wrote:
10
11 >> I'm sure this is an easy fix, however, I'm not sure how to do this
12
13 >> exactly...
17 >> Is /var/lib/dhcpc machine generated?
21 >yes
25 >> I want to set my own custom DNS servers for my server (the ones that the
26
27 >> DHCP host gives are wrong and are very slow!) and I have some
28
29 >> replacement ones. I think that by setting the DNS servers in
30
31 >> the /var/lib/dhcpc/dhcpcd-eth0.info file might change that, however,
32
33 >> the file looks machine-generated to me.
37 >It doesn't, that file only shows what the dhcp server told dhcpcd to use.
38
39 >It is not used by your system for dns information.
43 >/etc/resolv.conf lists the dns servers your system uses. (nameserver)
47 >> I looked through the wiki to fix this problem but I didn't find anything
48
49 >> that looked like it'd help. Some assistance here would be great.
53 >> The two DNS servers I need are 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2.
57 >Configure dhcpcd to run with -R so resolve.conf is not replaced with the
58
59 >resolve directives recieved from the dhcp server.
63 >In /etc/conf.d/net:
64
65 >config_eth0=("dhcp")
66
67 >dhcpcd_eth0="-R"
71 >Now you can add/replace your own dns servers in /etc/resolve.conf
72
73 >--
74
75 >gentoo-user@g.o mailing list