From: "Andrzej Styczeń" <styczen_andrzej@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with installation kde-meta, gnome
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 09:06:15
1 On Saturday 20 of February 2010 03:56:32 Zeerak Mustafa Waseem wrote:
2
3 > If I understand you correctly, then you only set useflags when you invoke
4 > emerge? As in "USE="foo" emerge foobar". Is this how you're doing it or am
5 > I just misunderstanding?
6
7 Yes and no.
8
9 Yes, because I add a given flag to USE in /etc/make.conf. If emerge want it,
10 when I do the following command:
11 # emerge kde-meta
12
13 After this command, emerge tell me that I must to use e.g. X, so I add a
14 given flag to USE="X jpeg png -debug" etc. to file /etc/make.conf.
15
16 No, because I put it to /etc/make.conf, not as you show all in one line:
17 # USE="X jpeg png -debug" emerge kde-meta
18 I do not do as above line.
19
20 > If it is how you're doing it, then I would suggest
21 > that you start using your /etc/portage/package.use file instead (it doesn't
22 > exist by default, you have to make the directory and the file) and add the
23 > use flags you want for the package you're about to install. This way it'll
24 > be a permanent useflag that isn't overwritten next time that specific
25 > package needs an update.
26
27 Thank you for this hint :-)
28