From: Matthew Marlowe <matt@××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to record memory usage & bandwidth usage?
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:36:20
1 Pandu,
2
3 Any modern monitoring framework/server with a web interface will have
4 tools to select metrics to retrieve and store into a database and
5 display/graph/alert as needed using whatever reasonable collection
6 interval you define.
7 If your metrics are relatively simple, you should be able to get a
8 solution implemented rather quickly without having to write any of
9 your own code and the overhead/resources needed on your server would
10 just be proportional to the number of metrics collected and their
11 frequency.
12
13 My current monitoring tool of choice is zabbix, but there are many options.
14
15 Matt
16