From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Vmware Player 4 from vmware-overlay
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 11:16:25
1 Am 25.10.2011 07:25, schrieb Nikos Chantziaras:
2
3 > How is video and mouse performance? VMware has drivers for that; you
4 > install them inside the guest. There is seamless mouse integration with
5 > guest-host, and very fast graphics (I can run Windows Aero without
6 > problem.) I can also drag&drop files between my Linux and Windows
7 > desktop and also share the clipboard.
8 >
9 > Does KVM have something similar?
10
11 You are right, the integration isn't that smooth yet.
12
13 KVM brings virtio-drivers to access NICs and block-devices on a lower
14 level: http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Virtio
15
16 drag&drop and clipboard: I haven't tested these w/ KVM yet, this would
17 also have to be integrated within the client accessing the VMs. VMM for
18 example does use VNC under the hood, AFAIK.
19
20 I assume KVM isn't that handy yet as vmware-player is.