From: "Randolph Maaßen" <r.maassen60@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Complete list of USE flags?
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2013 19:03:22
1 On Aug 4, 2013 8:46 PM, "Mick" <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sunday 04 Aug 2013 19:35:12 Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
4 > > On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
5 > > > Hello guys,
6 > > >
7 > > > I'm a bit ashamed to ask this question, as it belies how long I
8 haven't
9 > > > actually installed a 'lightweight' Gentoo system...
10 > > >
11 > > > But I digress. On to my question:
12 > > >
13 > > > Anyone knows an exhaustive list of USE flags?
14 > > >
15 > > > And a related subquestion:
16 > > >
17 > > > Is the USE flags list at znurt.org up-to-date?
18 > > >
19 > > > The reason I'm asking, is because I'm planning on building *very*
20 > > > lightweight systems with as small attack surface as possible.
21 > >
22 > > Supposedly, in the tree all global USE flags are listed in:
23 > >
24 > > /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc
25 > >
26 > > The local USE flags are listed in:
27 > >
28 > > /usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc
31 > Also, you should be able to list them all, with flags showing if they are
32 in
33 > the environment (E), in make.conf (C), in make defaults (D), in make
34 globals
35 > (G), by using:
36 >
37 > euse -i
38 >
39 > If it is a specific flag you want to check then just add it at the end of
40 the
41 > above incantation. More details in man euse.
42 >
43 > --
44 > Regards,
45 > Mick
46
47 If you prefere an online list visit http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/use-index.xml
48 There are the global use flags and some local ones with a description.
49
50 Mit freundlichen grüßen / Best regads
51
52 Randolph Maaßen