From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Complete list of USE flags?
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2013 18:45:03
1 On Sunday 04 Aug 2013 19:35:12 Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
2 > On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
3 > > Hello guys,
4 > >
5 > > I'm a bit ashamed to ask this question, as it belies how long I haven't
6 > > actually installed a 'lightweight' Gentoo system...
7 > >
8 > > But I digress. On to my question:
9 > >
10 > > Anyone knows an exhaustive list of USE flags?
11 > >
12 > > And a related subquestion:
13 > >
14 > > Is the USE flags list at znurt.org up-to-date?
15 > >
16 > > The reason I'm asking, is because I'm planning on building *very*
17 > > lightweight systems with as small attack surface as possible.
18 >
19 > Supposedly, in the tree all global USE flags are listed in:
20 >
21 > /usr/portage/profiles/use.desc
22 >
23 > The local USE flags are listed in:
24 >
25 > /usr/portage/profiles/use.local.desc
28 Also, you should be able to list them all, with flags showing if they are in
29 the environment (E), in make.conf (C), in make defaults (D), in make globals
30 (G), by using:
31
32 euse -i
33
34 If it is a specific flag you want to check then just add it at the end of the
35 above incantation. More details in man euse.
38 Regards,
39 Mick