From: Kurt Guenther <kurtg@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Subversion 1.2
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:06:56
1 Steve [Gentoo] wrote:
2
3 > I'd have thought lots of people in the gentoo crowd would have been
4 > eagerly awaiting subversion 1.2.x with its substantial new "reserved
5 > checkout" - but nothing seems to have moved forward.
6 >
7 > Portage (by default) still gives me version 1.1.3... but version 1.2
8 > has been available for a couple of months and 1.2.1 a fortnight... I
9 > wouldn't have considered this a difficult package to port to Gentoo -
10 > especially as just about every other platform is supported directly by
11 > the Subversion developers...
12 >
13 > I've tried using ~x86 as my USE flag - but the 1.2 ebuild still won't
14 > install reporting a "Problem in dev-util/subversion-1.2 dependencies"...
17 Huh? I've been using 1.2 for awhile and emerge 1.2.1 as of
18 yesterday. Did you add:
19
20 dev-util/subversion ~x86
21
22 to your /etc/portage/package.keywords. You can just emerge subversion
23 and keep everything else on the stable build. If you still block, send
24 the output from:
25
26 emerge -pv subversion
27