From: Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] <OT> The Real Darkside...
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 01:47:08
1 On Saturday 09 September 2006 21:21, Nick Rout wrote:
2 > On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 15:03:58 -0400
3 >
4 > Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net> wrote:
5 > > My son, all of thirteen years old, the master of all he surveys, the
6 > > supreme keeper of all knowledge of the known and unknown universes, the
7 > > pinultimate ruler of mankind... Has "asked" me to put Linux on his
8 > > desktop computer...
9 > >
10 > > It seems he has become weary of maintaining/re-installed his beloved
11 > > XP...
12 > >
13 > > Life is good.
14 > >
15 > > Cheers, Jerry
16 > >
17 > > P.S. the next to be converted beneath my humble roof is my wife... Stay
18 > > tuned.
19 >
20 > There must be something in the air. My 10 year old son Miles and I have
21 > an ongoing friendly banter about the relative merits of windows and
22 > linux. He has windows software at school and games to play after all.
23 >
24 > Anyway last night he was reading a section in the latest APC magazine
25 > about the latest innovations in linux desktops, and comparing linux to
26 > vista. He suddenly asked if he could obtain SuSE 10.1. I said "I think
27 > its on the cover DVD". He said "Can I install it then?".
28
29 Nice! Maybe there's hope for the X-generation anyways... XBOX-Generation...
30
31 Jerry
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list