From: Peter Weilbacher <newsspam@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: wicd fails to set wireless connection
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 22:15:12
1 On 05.07.2011 15:22, Mick wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 05 Jul 2011 09:32:44 Peter Weilbacher wrote:
3 >> Since yesterday I cannot use wicd any more to get a wireless connection
4 >> (wired still works fine). I think this has to do with a dbus update, but
5 >> I'm not sure.
6 >
7 > If you have emerged python recently and switched to 2.7, did you remember to
8 > run python-updater?
9
10 No, I switched to 2.7 months ago and it has worked fine since then. I noticed
11 that python 2.7.2 also got installed yesterday, but reverting to 2.7.1-r1 does
12 not change the behavior or the message.
13 python-updater only complains about libreoffice-bin and emul-linux-x86-baselibs,
14 probably because they contain their own binary copies of some non-2.7 python
15 stuff.
16
17 >> I have done several restarts, re-emerged all relevant
18 >> packages (dbus, dbus-python, wicd) but still it stops shortly after
19 >> clicking the connect button in the GUI window, saying "Disconnecting
20 >> active connections..." in the status bar (even though no connections were
21 >> active).
22 >
23 > Did you restart dbus? (you'll need to log out of X to do this or it will crash
24 > you out of it).
25
26 I actually meant "reboot" above where I wrote "restart".
27
28 Cheers,
29 Peter.