From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wicd fails to set wireless connection
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 13:23:26
1 On Tuesday 05 Jul 2011 09:32:44 Peter Weilbacher wrote:
2 > Since yesterday I cannot use wicd any more to get a wireless connection
3 > (wired still works fine). I think this has to do with a dbus update, but
4 > I'm not sure.
5
6 If you have emerged python recently and switched to 2.7, did you remember to
7 run python-updater?
10 > I have done several restarts, re-emerged all relevant
11 > packages (dbus, dbus-python, wicd) but still it stops shortly after
12 > clicking the connect button in the GUI window, saying "Disconnecting
13 > active connections..." in the status bar (even though no connections were
14 > active).
15
16 Did you restart dbus? (you'll need to log out of X to do this or it will crash
17 you out of it).
18 --
19 Regards,
20 Mick