From: Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] initng or runit?
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 03:28:18
1 Thomas Kear wrote:
4 > I've never tried RC_PARALLEL_STARTUP, haven't used sysvinit at all in
5 > 9 months.
8 I recently started using this "feature". It works OK. Nothing fails to
9 start. It does try to start my networks too early but it seems to just
10 wait until it is ready then starts them up just fine. It seems to boot
11 a little bit faster. The messages are a bit more confusing at first.
12 The little "[OK]" thing on the right is gone too.
13
14 It didn't seem to hurt anything. You may want to give it a try. Still
15 trying to figure out this other stuff though. < scratches head >
16 Where's Holly when you need her?
17
18 Dale
19