From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mozilla-firefox - I'm lost
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 10:42:59
1 On 11 Jan, Mick wrote:
2 > 2010/1/11 Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> I've tried (for the first time) to install the
6 >> source version of firefox
7 >>  www-client/mozilla-firefox-3.5.7
8 >> with useflags
9 >>  alsa bindist dbus gnome java linguas_de linguas_en sqlite startup-notification
10 >>
11 >> It builds just fine,
12 >> BUT
13 >> when I start firefox I get only a tiny (real tiny!)
14 >> window. When I enlarge it (dragging a vertex of the window)
15 >> it's just empty.
16 >>
17 >> I have no idea what went wrong.
18 >> (I have renamed ~/.firefox and ~/.mozilla
19 >>  but this doesn't help either)
20 >
21 > What do you get when you run /usr/bin/firefox from a terminal?
22
23 The same as above!
26 > Probably not relevant, but is the bindist USE flag necessary?
27
28 I first tried without (same result)
29 Without it I get a some strange message:
30 You are enabling official branding. You may not redistribute this build
31 to any users on your network or the internet. Doing so puts yourself into
32 a legal problem with Mozilla Foundation
33 You can disable it by emerging ${PN} _with_ the bindist USE-flag
34
35 Helmut.
40 Helmut Jarausch
41