From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mozilla-firefox - I'm lost
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 10:35:03
1 2010/1/11 Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I've tried (for the first time) to install the
5 > source version of firefox
6 >  www-client/mozilla-firefox-3.5.7
7 > with useflags
8 >  alsa bindist dbus gnome java linguas_de linguas_en sqlite startup-notification
9 >
10 > It builds just fine,
11 > BUT
12 > when I start firefox I get only a tiny (real tiny!)
13 > window. When I enlarge it (dragging a vertex of the window)
14 > it's just empty.
15 >
16 > I have no idea what went wrong.
17 > (I have renamed ~/.firefox and ~/.mozilla
18 >  but this doesn't help either)
19
20 What do you get when you run /usr/bin/firefox from a terminal?
21
22 Probably not relevant, but is the bindist USE flag necessary?
23 --
24 Regards,
25 Mick