From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: The war continues.
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 06:40:37
1 On 19/03/2016 05:08, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >>> Maybe I will try it again with KDE5. But this also depends on the
5 >>> dependencies. :-) I'm not sure if I'm willing to install the
6 >>> complete KDE environment for this test.
7 >>
8 >> KDE 5 is absolutely nothing like KDE3. So by all means try it, but
9 >> evaluate it on it's own terms. It's not a better KDE3, it's a whole
10 >> different DE
11
12 [snip]
13
14 > I think, I should read some information before I try to install KDE5.
15 >
16 > A (maybe silly) question: Is it possible to install KDE5 without
17 > systemd? I'm still using openrc and I don't wanna change this atm.
20 Yes.
21
22 KDE5 does not *require* systemd at all. It runs fine with openrc
26 Alan McKinnon
27 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com