From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IPv6 not ready here; Hmmm
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 07:24:33
1 On Friday 10 June 2011 08:52:15 Pandu Poluan wrote:
2 > -original message-
3 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IPv6 not ready here; Hmmm
4 > From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
5 > Date: 2011-06-10 03:52
6 >
7 > >And another bonus is that there are plenty of
8 >
9 > funny things we can spell in hexadecimal. ;)
10 >
11 > While I'm sure I'll tag the C001:D00D address for my workstation, I'm not
12 > sure upper management will appreciate me naming some servers DEAD:BEEF or
13 > BAD:D06 or A55:401E ... :-P
14
15 If you don't tell them and, when they do notice, tell them that changing the
16 IPs is not recommended due to possible issues with the installed software, you
17 might get away with that.
18
19 Although, why reserve those for servers instead of said management? ;)
22 Joost