From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Checking sanity of system...
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 06:33:46
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 04/04/2010 08:18 AM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> this is no security issue in sense of attacks...it is related
7 >> to the consistency of the system.
8 >>
9 >> Simple question (and may be complicate to answer... ;) )
10 >>
11 >> How can I check, that my Gentoo system is uptodate
12 >
13 > emerge --sync && emerge -uDN world
16 >> consistent and sane?
17 >
18 > Define "consistent" and "sane". Those words don't say anything, really.
23 You may also want to run revdep-rebuild as well. If you are talking
24 about your packages being "sane". That should catch anything that has
25 broken links or something else that leads to a package needing to be
26 recompiled.
27
28 Dale
29