From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Checking sanity of system...
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 07:34:14
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> [10-04-04 08:36]:
2 > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 > >On 04/04/2010 08:18 AM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 > >>
5 > >>Hi,
6 > >>
7 > >>this is no security issue in sense of attacks...it is related
8 > >>to the consistency of the system.
9 > >>
10 > >>Simple question (and may be complicate to answer... ;) )
11 > >>
12 > >>How can I check, that my Gentoo system is uptodate
13 > >
14 > >emerge --sync && emerge -uDN world
17 > >>consistent and sane?
18 > >
19 > >Define "consistent" and "sane". Those words don't say anything,
20 > >really.
25 > You may also want to run revdep-rebuild as well. If you are talking
26 > about your packages being "sane". That should catch anything that has
27 > broken links or something else that leads to a package needing to be
28 > recompiled.
29 >
30 > Dale
31 >
32 > :-) :-)
35 Hi Dale,
36
37 revdep-rebuild is currently running! :)
38
39 This was the only tool I knew before posting my question here :)
40
41 :)
42
43 Best regards,
44 mcc
48 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
49 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
50 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
51 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.