From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gnome-control-center any way to configure without pulseaudio?
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 19:28:41
1 On 2012-01-26 12:22, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > I'm not opening up a debate and preparing an argument, I really want to
4 > know what you think about this matter.
5
6 I apologize for "butting" in...
7
8 Here's what *I* think about it (well, this is not about Pulseaudio
9 specifically but I'm sure you'll get the idea):
10 https://groups.google.com/group/linux.gentoo.user/msg/6bbe9d07876c92f5
11
12 To be clear:
13 If I ever need something then it should be *complementary* to what I
14 already have.
15
16 It can also be noted that Pulseaudio will not even utilise the hardware
17 I own to it's fullest:
18 https://tango.0pointer.de/pipermail/pulseaudio-discuss/2009-July/004519.html
19
20 If I would ever need a sound router I would check out Jack but that
21 requires a bit of "fiddling" as I understand it.
22
23 Best regards
24
25 Peter K