From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DVD->mp4 - handbrake vs something else
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 16:40:50
1 On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 8:28 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 >
4 > Handbrake goes directly from DVD to a reasonably sized (1.3GB) m4v
5 > file. That file plays fine in xine and looks very good. Being that the
6 > Kindle Fire only has about 6GB available for user content that gives
7 > me 4 movies at a time which is fine for me but I suspect I can do
8 > better.
9 >
10 Handbrake had some settings that allowed me to target different file
11 sizes. I tried both 700MB and 300MB. Both worked. The 300MB version
12 was noticeably splotchy on backgrounds when displayed full screen on a
13 1920x1280 monitor, but not so much when sized to about the size of the
14 Kindle Fire.
15
16 - Mark