From: Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 3D Acceleration With Laptop - Radeon Xpress 1100 IGP
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 16:17:40
1 Drew Tomlinson wrote:
2 > I've emerged ati-drivers and set make.conf to include the fglrx driver
3 > as suggested in the ATI guide. However when loading the fglrx.ko
4 > module, I get an error about "...taints the kernel". Thus I suspect I
5 > have some option set in my kernel that conflicts with the fglrx module?
6
7 It's not an error - just some wise guy's reference to the fact that you
8 are using a closed-source driver with the open-source kernel. Sounds
9 like it is loading perfectly fine. :)
12 Be lucky,
13
14 Neil