From: Drew Tomlinson <drew@××××××××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] 3D Acceleration With Laptop - Radeon Xpress 1100 IGP
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 13:47:35
1 I have a laptop with ATI integrated graphics. lspci shows the graphics
2 card as:
3
4 01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RS485 [Radeon
5 Xpress 1100 IGP]
6
7 I have been unsuccessful in getting X configured to work with this card
8 with dri enabled. I followed the guides at:
9
10 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xml
11 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ati-faq.xml
12 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/dri-howto.xml
13
14 and I've also Googled for a week with no success. With the x11 drivers
15 installed, I get this error message when starting X:
16
17 (EE) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI capable
18
19 I've emerged ati-drivers and set make.conf to include the fglrx driver
20 as suggested in the ATI guide. However when loading the fglrx.ko
21 module, I get an error about "...taints the kernel". Thus I suspect I
22 have some option set in my kernel that conflicts with the fglrx module?
23
24 I'm at a loss. Can some kind soul please point me in the right
25 direction toward the steps needed to get 3D acceleration on my laptop?
26 Should I be using x11 or ATI drivers? And if ATI drivers, any idea what
27 is might be conflicting in my kernel?
28
29 Thanks,
30
31 Drew