From: Antoine <melser.anton@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Open Office and ODBC Connection to MySQL
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:16:36
1 C. Beamer wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I'm tearing my hair out by the roots on this one.
5 >
6 > First, I had a bit of a problem getting the the ODBC connection to my
7 > MySQL database set up. That was my own fault though 'cause a couple of
8 > files that I though were supposed to go in /etc (that's where they went
9 > in Fedora Core) were actually supposed to go in /etc/unixODBC/.
10 >
11 > So, I got the connection set up okay.
12 >
13 > The issue that I'm having is that once I got the ODBC connection
14 > working, I can view the data source in Open Office, but cannot edit the
15 > table. I took a look on Gentoo Forums and I found one similar issue
16 > except that it turned out that the person did not have a primary key
17 > set. I have a primary key set in the MySQL database, but I still can't
18 > edit the table in Open Office.
19 ...
20 > Any ideas?
21
22 Alas yes - I think this is probably an OO problem. Have a look on the OO
23 bugzilla - you will find at least one other DB (Oracle 9i and 10) that
24 doesn't work with ODBC (though this is under doze). Several of us have
25 not been able to get odbc connections working properly (i.e., read but
26 no edit) that work fine in microsoft products...
27 Cheers
28 Antoine
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list