From: "C. Beamer" <cbeamer@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Open Office and ODBC Connection to MySQL
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 22:09:23
1 Hi all,
2
3 I'm tearing my hair out by the roots on this one.
4
5 First, I had a bit of a problem getting the the ODBC connection to my
6 MySQL database set up. That was my own fault though 'cause a couple of
7 files that I though were supposed to go in /etc (that's where they went
8 in Fedora Core) were actually supposed to go in /etc/unixODBC/.
9
10 So, I got the connection set up okay.
11
12 The issue that I'm having is that once I got the ODBC connection
13 working, I can view the data source in Open Office, but cannot edit the
14 table. I took a look on Gentoo Forums and I found one similar issue
15 except that it turned out that the person did not have a primary key
16 set. I have a primary key set in the MySQL database, but I still can't
17 edit the table in Open Office.
18
19 I have no idea what to try next. I'm using the ebuild
20 openoffice-bin-1.1.5. However, I tried the openoffice-ximian ebuild and
21 had no better luck with that.
22
23 I don't think its a permission problem 'cause I checked this and I am a
24 member of the mysql group.
25
26 Any ideas?
27