From: James Ausmus <james.ausmus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: commands to show where a package is installed?
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 16:25:42
1 On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 11:10 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Jonathan Callen wrote:
4 > > Dale wrote:
5 > > > I would urge you to check into the "q" command and equery. I !think!
6 > > > the "q" command is part of portage. It may be part of gentoolkit tho.
7 > > > Just the "q" command has more than a dozen different things it does.
8 > > > equery can do a lot too but some say it has some "accuracy" problems at
9 > > > times. It works for my little simple stuff tho.
10 > >
11 > > Actually, /usr/bin/q belongs to app-portage/portage-utils, not
12 > > app-portage/gentoolkit or sys-apps/portage. :)
15 > Thanks. I wasn't sure which package it belonged to. I had forgot about
16 > portage-utils. Still a good command for someone to look into tho.
20 When you forget which package a command (or any random file) belongs to, a
21 great way to figure it out would be:
22
23 equery belongs $(which q)
24