From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: commands to show where a package is installed?
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 06:10:44
1 Jonathan Callen wrote:
2 > Dale wrote:
3 > > I would urge you to check into the "q" command and equery. I !think!
4 > > the "q" command is part of portage. It may be part of gentoolkit tho.
5 > > Just the "q" command has more than a dozen different things it does.
6 > > equery can do a lot too but some say it has some "accuracy" problems at
7 > > times. It works for my little simple stuff tho.
8 >
9 > Actually, /usr/bin/q belongs to app-portage/portage-utils, not
10 > app-portage/gentoolkit or sys-apps/portage. :)
13 Thanks. I wasn't sure which package it belonged to. I had forgot about
14 portage-utils. Still a good command for someone to look into tho.
15
16 Dale
17