From: Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Using a Stage 4 on similar hardware
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 05:44:21
1 On Fri, 2006-09-08 at 10:13 -0700, kashani wrote:
2 > Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
3 >
4 > > Cool -- that makes life very good indeed -- as far as I know the driver
5 > > configurations are essentially identical so that out to be easy -- the
6 > > processors are identical
7 >
8 > I've got two sets of hardware, one has LSI scsi cards and e1000. The
9 > other has SATA and tg3 network cards. I build a kernel that'll support
10 > both and use the same disk layout. Having SATA is nice since everything
11 > is still /dev/sda rather than /dev/hda so I don't have to modify anything.
12 >
13 > BTW how are you building your stage4. We have some inhouse scripts to do
14 > it that work fairly well. Are there Gentoo built stage4 tools anywhere?
15 >
16 > kashani
17 Hi,
18 Using a script (mkstage4.sh, ver. 3.6) from gentoo-wiki.com IIRC
19 Rumen
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list