From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Using a Stage 4 on similar hardware
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 17:22:34
1 Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
2
3 > Cool -- that makes life very good indeed -- as far as I know the driver
4 > configurations are essentially identical so that out to be easy -- the
5 > processors are identical
6
7 I've got two sets of hardware, one has LSI scsi cards and e1000. The
8 other has SATA and tg3 network cards. I build a kernel that'll support
9 both and use the same disk layout. Having SATA is nice since everything
10 is still /dev/sda rather than /dev/hda so I don't have to modify anything.
11
12 BTW how are you building your stage4. We have some inhouse scripts to do
13 it that work fairly well. Are there Gentoo built stage4 tools anywhere?
14
15 kashani
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list