From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] clone root from HDD to SSD causes no video with NVIDIA driver
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 14:28:28
1 On 9 June 2020 19:04:53 CEST, Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com> wrote:
2 >> -----Original Message-----
3 >> For plain console (TTY1,...) you need to enable EFI_FB in the kernel.
4 >
5 >I read that it may conflict with the NVIDIA proprietary driver [1] so I
6 >did not enable it. I'll give it a try.
7 >
8 >> As you came from an older, non-GPT setup, I am assuming this is also
9 >the first
10 >> attempt to boot using EFI?
11 >>
12 >> Joost
13 >
14 >On this PC, yes. I managed to have a similar setup (UEFI/Win10/Gentoo
15 >converted from MBR to GPT) working on a different, Noveau-based PC.
16 >
17 >Raffele
18 >
19 >[] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/NVIDIA/nvidia-drivers search EFI
20
21 I use nvidia and efi.
22 Efi_fb is enabled and I happily play 3D games as well.
25 Joost
26 --
27 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.