From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] clone root from HDD to SSD causes no video with NVIDIA driver
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 17:05:05
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > For plain console (TTY1,...) you need to enable EFI_FB in the kernel.
3
4 I read that it may conflict with the NVIDIA proprietary driver [1] so I did not enable it. I'll give it a try.
5
6 > As you came from an older, non-GPT setup, I am assuming this is also the first
7 > attempt to boot using EFI?
8 >
9 > Joost
10
11 On this PC, yes. I managed to have a similar setup (UEFI/Win10/Gentoo converted from MBR to GPT) working on a different, Noveau-based PC.
12
13 Raffele
14
15 [] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/NVIDIA/nvidia-drivers search EFI