From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user]ask for installation help!
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 16:38:05
1 On Fri, November 21, 2014 15:35, Paul Klos wrote:
2 > Op vrijdag, november 21, 2014 14:06:24 schreef J. Roeleveld:
3 >>
4 >> I use VirtualBox on my laptop for testing and haven't had to add
5 >> anything to
6 >> GRUB_PLATFORMS ever.
7 >
8 > Strange, I couldn't get grub2-install to run without diving into
9 > GRUB_PLATFORMS.
10 >
11 > I installed not too long ago and I've had to re-emerge grub a few times
12 > with
13 > different settings until it finally agreed to install itself.
14 >
15 > Come to think of it, I may have started out with my desktop copy of
16 > make.conf,
17 > which is configured for EFI boot.
18 >
19 > I might have a go without GRUB_PLATFORMS altogether and see what happens.
20 >
21 > Paul
22
23 Unless specifically mentioned, VirtualBox does not use EFI.
24 That could easily be the difference we are seeing.
27 Joost