From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] point and click in vim stopped working
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 20:48:17
1 190523 Raffaele Belardi wrote:
2 > After a recent update (~amd64) point and click in vim no longer works:
3 > the mouse wheel scrolls the file
4 > but when I left-click somewhere in the file the pointer is not moved there.
5 > I have 'set mouse=a' in .vimrc, I also tried to issue it directly from vim.
6 > I'm using lxterminal on LXDE and the last update affected the files below.
7 > Anybody else noticed this behaviour?
8 ...
9 > Thu May 16 15:59:27 2019 >>> app-editors/vim-8.1.1312
10 ...
11
12 No problem with Gvim. With raw Vim in a Konsole or Xterm
13 scrolling moves the pointer 3 lines, but clicking doesn't move it ;
14 with ':set mouse=a' in raw Vim, the pointer moves with a click,
15 but scrolling scrolls the full display.
16
17 If you want to use a mouse with Vim, why don't you use Gvim ?
18 I've had a desktop devoted to Gvim always open for many years.
22 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
23 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
24 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca