From: John Campbell <jdc.rpv@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dependency conflict. openjpeg ffmpeg
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 02:31:37
1 On 06/14/2014 07:10 PM, Dale wrote:
2
3 > I don't have a env directory in /etc/portage and there is no
4 > openjpeg-1.3-r2 available in the tree. I sort of think I know what you
5 > are talking about tho. I need to create that directory structure for
6 > openjpeg-1.4-r1 and put ABI_X86="32 x32" in the file.
7
8 Sorry, I mistyped the version number.
9
10 > My question is,
11 > will this eventually be fixed in the tree and the error go away? I've
12 > never put anything in the env directory before and would prefer to keep
13 > it that way because I will forget it is there and it will come back and
14 > bite me some day. Ask anyone here. lol
15
16 I doubt it. Having two different 64bit ABIs isn't a normal use case. I
17 have 8gig of memory, on my system, so I have set it globally as
18 ABI_X64="32 64" in /etc/make.conf. It just wasn't worth the hassle for
19 the smaller memory footprint x32 provides.
20
21 > Now I see why the error didn't make any sense to me. I usually look for
22 > something like a USE flag conflict or something. I don't recall ever
23 > running into a 64/32 bit thingy before. O_O
24
25 There seems to be an upheaval in the emul-linux-x32 libraries going on,
26 and a lot of packages are adding/subtracting the ABI_X86 options. It's
27 going to be a mess for a while.