From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dependency conflict. openjpeg ffmpeg
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 05:10:50
1 John Campbell wrote:
2 > On 06/14/2014 07:10 PM, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I don't have a env directory in /etc/portage and there is no
5 >> openjpeg-1.3-r2 available in the tree. I sort of think I know what you
6 >> are talking about tho. I need to create that directory structure for
7 >> openjpeg-1.4-r1 and put ABI_X86="32 x32" in the file.
8 >
9 > Sorry, I mistyped the version number.
10
11 Ahh. I was curious and thought about that. That version is mentioned
12 in the error tho so I wasn't sure. I wonder tho, can I add that file
13 and not have a version at all? Sort of like I do in package.keywords
14 etc etc.
18 >> My question is,
19 >> will this eventually be fixed in the tree and the error go away? I've
20 >> never put anything in the env directory before and would prefer to keep
21 >> it that way because I will forget it is there and it will come back and
22 >> bite me some day. Ask anyone here. lol
23 >
24 > I doubt it. Having two different 64bit ABIs isn't a normal use case.
25 > I have 8gig of memory, on my system, so I have set it globally as
26 > ABI_X64="32 64" in /etc/make.conf. It just wasn't worth the hassle
27 > for the smaller memory footprint x32 provides.
28
29 Well, I have 16Gbs here. I'm not lacking for memory. If memory prices
30 were to drop a bit, I could upgrade some more. I'd have to swap out
31 what I have tho. Old mobo would only take 4GB sticks and this new one
32 will take 8GB sticks.
36 >> Now I see why the error didn't make any sense to me. I usually look for
37 >> something like a USE flag conflict or something. I don't recall ever
38 >> running into a 64/32 bit thingy before. O_O
39 >
40 > There seems to be an upheaval in the emul-linux-x32 libraries going
41 > on, and a lot of packages are adding/subtracting the ABI_X86 options.
42 > It's going to be a mess for a while.
46 Yeppie. Not!!
47
48 Thanks.
49
50 Dale
51
55 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!