From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo healthy?
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 21:09:20
1 On 20 December 2006 21:39, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > If I wanted to take the plunge I should probably learn to run my own
4 > portage server where I suppose I could learn to keep things like this
5 > even if the main server wants to get rid of things.
6
7 You don't need to do that. I have one box with a portage tree. All my other
8 computers simply NFS mount /usr/portage of that box as local /usr/portage.
9 Bandwidth is expensive in this part of the world. So I really don't want to
10 download the same stuff for each of my boxes.
11
12 Your different boxes can still have different world files but share a single
13 portage tree. Works perfectly here. No need for a private mirror.
14
15 Uwe
18 A fast and easy generator of fractals for KDE:
19 http://www.SysEx.com.na/iwy-1.0.tar.bz2
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list