From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Overlays - mask everything except a specific package?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 18:24:44
1 Hi,
2 I'm looking for a ways to:
3
4 1) List all contents of a specific overlay including version numbers.
5
6 2) Mask everything in an overlay except exactly what I actually want installed.
7
8 Anyone know how to do this?
9
10 For instance, I use the init6 overlay to get handbrake but I don't
11 want to use nvidia-drivers & nvidia-settings from the init6 overlay
12 even if their version numbers are higher.
13
14 Clearly, I can play with masking specific package revisions, but
15 that's a lot of work and doesn't clearly say where I get a package
16 when the version numbers are identical.
17
18 Thanks,
19 Mark