From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New kernel does not boot up on remote host
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 20:37:20
1 On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 21:54 +0200, Galevsky wrote:
2 > ... the matter is Grub falls back to previous 2.6.20 kernel. So I have
3 > no log at all about what went wrong during the dom0_2.6.18 boot.
4 >
5 > Any idea to know what went wrong ?
8 Fall back is usually "useless" in the sense that if grub finds your
9 kernel and can boot it, but it happens to be a bad kernel, then there is
10 no benefit. If/Since you *are* falling back leads me to believe that
11 grub either can't find your kernel or otherwise can't load it (typo in
12 grub.conf). Nevertheless, if you want to actually know what the error
13 is then you should disable the fallback.
17 Albert W. Hopkins
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list