From: Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] runscript is deprecated; please use openrc-run instead
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 11:30:12
1 On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 13:04:40 +0200 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On 12/04/2015 12:48, Gevisz wrote:
4 > > Quite for a long time, while booting my Gentoo system,
5 > > I get the following message message:
6 > >
7 > > "runscript is deprecated; please use openrc-run instead"
8 > >
9 > > What shall I do to fix this issue accept for reinstallig
10 > > my Gentoo system anew?
13 > Do nothing.
14
15 Thank you for your answer but why that message appear at all, then?
16
17 > runscript is the shebang for init scripts for various services,
18 > runscript and openrc-run are both provided by openrc.
19
20 Sorry, but I do not understand the word "shebang" in this context.
21
22 > Any change to be made is done by the ebuild.
23
24 Well, it is a good news for me. :)
25
26 > p.s. when asking for help please provide relevant information, such as
27 > do you run a satble or unstable system,
28
29 I mostly run stable system and have only two unstable packages, namely,
30 vimb and google-chrome. Hopefully, they do not influence booting in any way. :)
31
32 > what versions of related software are installed
33
34 sys-apps/openrc-0.13.11
35
36 > and most important - what effect if any does the problem have?
37
38 So far, no noticeable effects accept for the warning message above.
39
40 > I can't tell if your system boots normally or if it blows
41 > up and eats your kittens.
42
43 Shall I wait for that to happen before starting to worry? :)