From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] runscript is deprecated; please use openrc-run instead
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 17:23:17
1 On 12/04/2015 13:27, Gevisz wrote:
2 > On Sun, 12 Apr 2015 13:04:40 +0200 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> On 12/04/2015 12:48, Gevisz wrote:
5 >>> Quite for a long time, while booting my Gentoo system,
6 >>> I get the following message message:
7 >>>
8 >>> "runscript is deprecated; please use openrc-run instead"
9 >>>
10 >>> What shall I do to fix this issue accept for reinstallig
11 >>> my Gentoo system anew?
12 >>>
13 >>
14 >> Do nothing.
15 >
16 > Thank you for your answer but why that message appear at all, then?
17 >
18 >> runscript is the shebang for init scripts for various services,
19 >> runscript and openrc-run are both provided by openrc.
20 >
21 > Sorry, but I do not understand the word "shebang" in this context.
22
23 Google it.
26 > Shall I wait for that to happen before starting to worry? :)
29 There is nothing to worry about. runscript still exists, you still have
30 it and it works exactly the way it always did. It is not obsolete or
31 deleted, it is deprectaed.
32
33 Please Google the software term "deprecate", you need to learn how this
34 part of ecosystems work. No answer to any question you have asked will
35 make sense till you have this background information
39 Alan McKinnon
40 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com