From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Firefox key shortcut buglet
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 18:38:04
1 Alt-Control-R should switch between normal rendering and Reader mode.
2 All the documentation available including the "tooltip" that pops up
3 when I hover my mouse over the Reader icon agrees.
4
5 And yet, in the File menu, there is an item "Restart (Developer)" with
6 the same shortcut. And when I in fact press this key combo, this is
7 what happens: Firefox restarts. I have no use for this, while the
8 Reader shortcut is moderately useful.
9
10 I haven't seen the Restart menu item before, I think it appeared with
11 the last stable Firefox upgrade (60.7.2). Is this a problem with
12 upstream or the Gentoo package? Can it be worked around, without
13 leaving _all_ developer features out?
16 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
17 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
18 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
19 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.