From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Understanding sshd response
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 13:16:26
1 On Friday 20 April 2007 12:30, Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:08:03 +0100 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
5 >
6 > wrote:
7 > > What does this mean?
8 > >
9 > > " Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version
10 > > RomCliSecure_4.12 debug1: no match: RomCliSecure_4.12 "
11 >
12 > That's in compat.c, l.58ff. (4.6pl1). There's a table with
13 > server/application specific quirks. As it's written in the debug
14 > output: There's no match for your SSH server's ID string.
15 >
16 > As always, debug messages tend to be only understandable if you know a
17 > bit of the application's code.
18
19 Thanks HWH,
20
21 So there's nothing that I would need to do client wise to make my gentoo box
22 communicate 'better' with the server? This is almost a rhetorical question,
23 because I am not sure I can define 'better'. I just ask to see if there is
24 any setting client-wise that will improve compatibility.
25 --
26 Regards,
27 Mick