From: Stuart Howard <stuart.g.howard@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Losing time somewhere
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:03:32
1 Hi
2
3 I am losing up to 10 minites a day on my system clock ie. if it is
4 correct at boot then the following day, "date" will reply with a time
5 that has lost up to 10 minites.
6 Points that may be relavent,
7
8 - The system has "worked" correctly for many months prior to next point.
9 - This problem has occured since building a new kernel and changing to
10 KDE as the desktop
11 - Upon a reboot the time has corrected itself.
12
13 My questions are
14 - The kernel was the first I have done without genkernel or oldconfig
15 is there an option that could be casuing this?
16 - Can KDE be causing this? though if I drop out of KDE date still
17 outputs the incorrect time.
18 - I tried to install "chrony" to adjust the time, though it seems to
19 be working ie. from logs, though it does not update the sytstem time,
20 could there be a permissions issue somewhere or have I lost
21 something that checks or sync's the system time?
22 - As I wrote last question I realised that I did my first "emerge -av
23 --depclean" a few days ago is it possible that I have removed some app
24 that keeps a check on system time?
25
26 OK, well thanks for reading this far, above are the points that I have
27 manged to scrape up but do not know how to answer are there any other
28 points that may be affecting this
29 any suggestions at all ?
30
31 regards
32 stu
35 "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand
36 binary, those who don't"
37
38 --Unknown
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list